What is your greatest concern about starting school this year?

Monday, April 30, 2007

Tech Final # 3- ALTEC

I'm equally enthralled with ALTEC, as I was with Apple Interchange. You'll see it mentioned in my 10 websites later in the Blog. I was immediately drawn to the link that allows me to access a subject and topic and then search the state standard on that topic. I think I've mentioned before that one of my fears is keeping up with the state standard. But I love this sight due to the overall fact that you can check your state standard and immediately jump into a quiz template on that topic. It's the best one-stop shop I've seen all semester.

I asked a different teacher to view ALTEC. I subbed for a 4th grade teacher on Friday and asked another 4th grade teacher to look it over, especially since the higher grades are more rigorously tested. She said that he's been hunting and pecking for technology with the new computers. She said their last in-service was very helpful, as all district teachers were required to attend a technology class. I have spoken to many teachers about that class and they were equally enthralled with his ideas. But my teacher said that this sight was a god send to someone just catching up to technology ideas for the classroom. And she was as impressed as I was with the ease of linking curriculum ideas to the state standard for a topic and subject.

No comments: