What is your greatest concern about starting school this year?

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A New World

I feel lucky that I can still call the blog, "Elementary Observations." But as of now, I am starting a new chapter in my existence. I have graduated and have somehow secured a job teaching 5th grade in this crazy job market.

We had our first team meeting yesterday, and it surfaced a lot of nervousness. I was feeling confident. I have to believe that my planning and purpose will pay off with the support of some great teachers! It's interesting to be a 40-year old rookie. I'm hoping life experience counts for something.

My motto for the year is "Nothing is Impossible, If you believe!!" I will continue this blog as a log of my experiences as a first-year teacher. Maybe some out there can commiserate and offer support and helpful ideas once in a while. Hopefully I can do the same.

No comments: