What is your greatest concern about starting school this year?

Monday, May 7, 2007

My Kids versus "My Kids"

My children were sick all last week. My daughter missed 4 days of school. That means I missed 4 days of work as a substitute. I was hoping to work a lot, since the year is so close to a close, but my kids are number one yesterday, today, and forever.

I know my sub coordinator is mad at me. She made it clear Thursday that she couldn't replace me for a planned Friday assignment. I couldn't help it. My daughter was vomiting Thursday night, and besides the fact she was still sick, the district rules are clear. If your child has a fever, or is vomiting, or contagious; they cannot return for at least 24 hours after their last episode. I had no choice. All is well now, but my phone didn't ring this morning. I'm really hoping that no one called in, but I don't know.

I guess you have to have your priorities, and I have to pick MY kids over my school kids every time. And, I especially have to pick my kids over the $ every time as well. We'll get by somehow, we always do. It just seems like you end up feeling guilty no matter what you do.

No comments: